Utility Bills and Council Tax Explained

  • News
  • Utility Bills and Council Tax Explained

When new tenants arrive at the property, the first thing to do is take meter readings for the electricity, gas and water. They then need to call the preferred utility company and set up an account with them. Please find below some utility companies to choose from (we do not recommend any one company and will leave it to the individual tenant to choose).

Who is my gas supplier? There are various services to use to find out the current supplier. These include; Meter point administrations online service, Find my supplier, or the Meter point telephone administration service. The telephone number is 0870-6081524

Who is my electricity supplier? To find out which electricity supplier supplies the property contact the local electricity distribution company or use the Energy Association postcode search tool. This can be found on www.energynetworks.org and there is a post code finder that will tell you who the suppliers are etc.

Gas & Electric Companies

British Gas

0800 048 0202




0800 111 999


Southern Electric

0800 107 9639



0800 316 9331



0345 052 0000


Scottish Power

0800 027 0404


If you have any queries regarding gas supply, you can call Southern Gas Networks on 0845 070 1431



Southern Water 0845 270 1508 www.southernwater.co.uk

Council Tax

Also, the Council need to be made aware that the property has tenants so new tenants need to call them and set up an account. Telephone number: 01273 290000.

See all News Posts
Get in Touch

Send a message to a member of our team and we'll be happy to answer your questions!

Send a Message

Register for Property Alerts

Let us know what you're looking for and we'll email you with matching properties when they become available.

Make an Enquiry

Please complete the form below and a member of our team will be in touch shortly.