HARRINGTONS LETTING SERVICES – PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
Established in 1993, Harringtons Lettings have over twenty-seven years’ experience helping landlords. They let and manage their properties in Brighton, Hove, and Sussex area. We provide several professional lettings services for example. We are here to help the needs of our landlords. Our services include rent collection. Initial rental assessments. Finally, full property management services.
Please read more about the property services we provide.
This service is for landlords who do not require support with their tenancy. They are familiar with property management. They are up to date with the laws and regulations.
For instance, the service includes:
- Firstly, initial rent assessment
- Secondly, marketing and promotion of your property
- Thirdly, accompanying all prospective tenants to viewings
- Providing viewings feedback
- Obtaining a guarantor
- Preparing the tenancy documents and contracts
- Assisting tenants with the moving in process
- Carry out tenants’ applications to include right to rent checks.
- Preparing the tenancy documents to include the contract.
- Lastly, collecting the first month’s rent and deposit
Rent Collection Service
Our rent collection service is for landlords who want to be more hands on. Additionally, they have the time to deal with any problems. And can deal with maintenance issues with the tenants. Therefore, they do not have the means or understanding to deal with legal issues. They want to ensure the rent is collected on time.
This service includes everything covered within the Introduction Service plus:
- Ensuring that the rent is paid on time into your account from us by BACS.
- Tenancy renewal and negotiation of any rent increases
Additionally, we can assist landlords with:
For instance, this includes a comprehensive report on the condition of your property including photography.
We can provide you with a full professional report. This will outline what should be deducted from the tenant’s deposit. After that, photographs of the property will be provided.
Deposit registration and notices to the tenant
Similarly, for those who use our Introduction Service (included in our Rent Collection and Fully Managed Services)
Various optional extras
We have various services that can be taken as an optional extra. However, please contact us regarding these.
Fully Managed Service
Fully Managed Service is for landlords who require minimal involvement in managing their property. We would take care of all the requirements. However, we deal with the day-to-day management.
For instance this service includes:
- Firstly, professional photography for placing it on the market.
- Secondly, featured property listing on Rightmove.
- Thirdly, inventory with full photographs
- A visit to your property for a three-month inspection, and then six monthly thereafter (to include full report with photographs)
- Deposit registration
- Check out report with photographs.
- Carrying out work and arranging maintenance and repairs
- Advice on all aspects of new laws and regulations
- Looking after you and your property throughout the tenancy
- Arranging a gas safety check
- Dealing with the deposit returns
- Project management of major works (subject to an additional fee)
- Arranging an electrical installation condition report
- Lastly, arranging portable appliance testing (PAT) certificate
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE (EPC)
To advertise your property, you will need an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). However, please refer to our previous article for more information on this, click here.
All residential properties now must have carbon monoxide detectors. Smoke detectors must now be fitted on every floor. Please refer to the government website for more information – click here.
Electrical and PAT test reports (EICR’s)
Electrical Installation Condition reports are now compulsory. Additionally, they must be carried out every 5 years. Portable Appliances Test must be carried out to appliances. However, you need to ensure your appliances are safe.
Are you thinking of renting your property?
Our online valuation will give you a fast and easy estimate of its current rental value.
Therefore, to get started, simply enter a few details and you will be given an estimated rental value of the property. The online valuation uses data from millions of property records to give you the best possible estimate. Click here.
Are you looking for landlord insurance?
Our sister company iInsure365 does all types of insurance for landlords. For instance they include.
- Firstly, landlord insurance
- Secondly, commercial insurance
- Thirdly, unoccupied commercial insurance
- business insurance
- professional indemnity insurance
- Tenants contents insurance
- Buy to let insurance.
- Blocks of flats insurance.
- Lessee’s insurance
- Lastly, Directors and offices insurance
Finally, please do not hesitate to contact them on 01273 870090 or firstname.lastname@example.org