The safety of our clients and colleagues in the office is of paramount importance to us. Thus, we are following strict social distancing guidelines.
Coming to the office?
If you come to the office, you may notice there are not as many of us as usual. To ensure social distancing, we have had to reduce office numbers and keep some of our team operating remotely. We have also put up signage externally to ensure clients know how we are working, including clear guidance on where to stand. Anyone visiting should let us know they are coming so we can limit the number of people who arrive at one time.
Harringtons Lettings office policy is as follows:
- We will not allow anyone to enter our office. 2. There is a sign on our door, please knock on the door and we will come to the door. 3. Please stand 2 meters away from the door and we will speak to you about your enquiry. 4. If you wish to take a property there is no need for you to attend our office until you collect the keys. 5. Any keys that are supplied to you will be cleaned first.
Want to talk to us?
We are strictly following social distancing measures so there is a reduced number of people in the office at any one time. Our admin team are currently all working from home so it is best to contact them via email only on email@example.com. But our lettings team is working from the office and are happy to organise a viewing or valuation for you and can be contacted on 01273 724000.
If you require a property valuation please head to our website – https://harringtonslettings.co.uk/property-valuation/
The process for letting a property through Harringtons Lettings will be as follows:
We will write to the tenants and ask that they are happy for us to do viewings in respect of the property.
We must have the consent of the tenants and will follow the government guidelines in asking them the following;
- a) We must ask if they are showing any symptoms of COVID-19 or have been asked to self-isolate. If they have not been asked to self-isolate, then we will ask them to confirm this. b) We will inform them that the people wanting to view have been requested to look at the virtual tour and videos. They will only view properties when they are showing a strong interest. c) We would thus ask tenants to carry out a long video of the property. To include showing as much of the property as possible to help us to try and let the property without the need to do a viewing. d) We will accompany all physical viewings and seek to maintain a minimum of 2 meters distance from others where possible. e) All appointments in respect of the property will be on the basis that viewers must not touch any surfaces. f) All parties viewing the property must wash their hands with soap and water or use hand sanitiser before entering the property. We will provide hand sanitiser to any viewer. g) The appointment will be by way of a fixed time at the property. h) The internal doors will need to be left open and all surfaces wiped down by tenants. i) Viewers will be advised to avoid touching any surfaces. j) The tenant will be asked to leave the property while the viewings take place to minimise any contact.
- k) Advising you after the viewing to clean and sanitise all surfaces, door handle etc. l) We will ask any viewers to confirm that they are serious before arranging a viewing.
We will need any person wishing to view a property to provide the following information:
- a) Are you able to provide a UK homeowner guarantor? b) Confirmation of your budget? c) Full name d) Email address e) Phone number f) Occupation g) Salary
Once we have received the above information, we will book an appointment with the tenants and the process will be as follows;
- a) We agree a time to enter the property for no more than 30 minutes for a viewing. b) This time will be set, and we will not allow any person to enter the property out of this time. c) Our agent will be wearing a face mask, together with gloves and a plastic visor.
- d) Our agent will provide a hand sanitiser if you are unable to bring this yourself. e) You are required to wear some form of face covering either a mask, scarf or something to cover you face. f) We will not let anyone into the property unless there is 2-meter social distancing. g) All the internal doors will be open for you when you attend the property. h) We must give the tenant a guaranteed 24 hours’ notice and in some instances 48 hours. i) Please note that we can have no more than 2 people at any viewing within a 20-minute time slot. j) We will ask you to confirm that you have at least seen the virtual tour/video and that you are seriously interested in the property. k) Once vacating the premises please contact the office direct on 01273 724000 not the agent on site. l) Please confirm if you have any symptoms before attending and if so, you will be requested to not attend the viewing.
If you wish to then take the property you will need to pay a reservation fee and we will work through to completing this.
If you attend the appointment late, we will be unable to return, and this will have to be rebooked.
Contractor’s policy in relation to works that are required to properties.
There are strict government guidelines on the works that may be required to your property by a contractor. The link is as follows;
We have requested all our contractors that we instruct to adhere to the requirements by the government. This is to include a minimum of gloves and face masks.
Where at all possible we will request that you leave the property while the works are being carried out.
We can confirm that our policy on inspections is as follows:
We are currently not carrying out inspections at properties at this moment in time. But this policy is under consistent review. We understand from the government that inspections can be carried out. Although at this moment in time it is not appropriate unless we are requested to do so by a landlord. If inspections are required, then we will do the following;
- a) We will book a time that is very specific to attend your property. b) We will request that you leave the property for period of 15 minutes. c) Our agents will wear a face mask, gloves and a plastic visor and will not touch anything in the property. d) We will request that all internal doors are left open. e) Once we leave, we will close the door and lock it.
Harringtons Lettings policy in relation to checkouts will be as follows:
- a) We will attend the property when all keys have been returned. If keys are not returned on time, then tenants will be charged. b) Then we will wait 3 days from the checkout date before entering the property. Understanding that COVID-19 can stay on hard surfaces for a period of 3 days. c) Then enter the property and carry out the checkout. d) This will be available within 48 hours thereafter.
Harringtons Lettings policy in relation to inventories will be as follows:
- a) We will carry out an inventory once no contractors or cleaners are at the property. b) We will carry out the inventory on a set day within a set time. c) The inventory will be available within 48 hours of being carried out. d) Following our policy on infectious diseases.
We take all our landlords, tenants, viewers and contractors health extremely seriously. Not putting any person in a position where they are unhappy with the situation. Therefore, we will always do our best to accommodate requests as best as possible. If you have any queries on this, please don’t hesitate to contact us.