Landlord Insurance

Have you got the right insurance policy for your rented property? Some landlords don’t realise that you need specific landlord insurance when renting your property out. Our sister company iInsure 365 will be able to ensure your property is covered correctly.


Have you got the right insurance policy for your rented property? Some landlords do not realise that you need specific landlord insurance when renting your property out. Our sister company iInsure365 will be able to ensure your property is covered correctly.


You do not have to worry about filling out long and lengthy forms to find cheap landlords’ insurance. With iInsure 365 you can speak to one of the team who will find a quote from their panel of providers. A landlord may have one or more properties in the United Kingdom that they rent out to others. It is important for landlords to spend time looking for the right cover. Make sure to find an insurance policy designed specifically for landlords.

We often find that a new landlord will think that a home insurance policy will suffice. This is not the case and often they will make a claim that the insurance company will almost certainly turn it down. Standard home insurance policies mostly cover homeowners or property owners, not landlords. If you stick with your normal home policy, you could find yourself with no cover at all.

Landlord building insurance tailored towards landlords and their specific requirements. We will ensure that we understand what you need for cover. Even eventualities such as alternative accommodation and loss of rental income.

Insurance cover you can trust.

iInsure 365 provide tailor-made cover to give you the protection you need. We have cover provided by Avia and the other major UK insurers. All this to be sure that we provide you with the best landlord insurance in the UK.

This is to ensure that both landlords and buy-to-let owners can get the coverage they need. We will compare the market for you, without compromising on the quality of cover.

Our clients know that they can rely on us for quick and simple solutions. We can issue documents on the same day we set up the policy. We provide simple landlords insurance that is easy to understand and comprehensive. Request a call back from either a commercial or residential landlord for a quote. We will call when suites you best. Being a landlord carries a whole range of risk and responsibilities.

Normal home insurance does not provide you with a full range of cover you need.

You need specific landlord building insurance to protect your investment or risk further financial losses. iInsure 365 understand that a landlord will want peace of mind as they cannot be at the property the whole time. So, it is imperative to have the best landlord cover possible. Our customers know this and trust us to compare insurance for them as we understand the pit falls open to buy-to-let landlords.

Why not look at our google reviews. Consistent five stars cannot be wrong with any of our clients? Why not call us on 01273 827090 or email us at We will be able to go through what your requirements are to your satisfaction.

Why not read their current reviews here.

Why iInsure 365?

We understand the buy-to-let industry more than most. We not only offer good value building and contents insurance. But we have an insight at the best ways of how to protect your investment by giving you the total peace of mind.

We have a panel of insurers that understand how to meet the needs of landlords by offering various types of policies for your rental properties. We can give you peace of mind that you have effective buildings and contents landlord’s insurance.

Comprehensive Cover.

Also, we offer comprehensive coverage for landlords throughout the United Kingdom, providing solutions for all types of landlords. Whether you are a new landlord or existing we can help you with our experienced staff. From insuring a single property to managing your portfolio of many properties.

Make sure that you get the right the cover for your home and buildings through our experienced team. It is our business to ensure that your property has bespoke service that compliments your needs.

Our highly trained staff access and cover all areas of concerns for you. We have over 20 years’ experience within the landlord sector and understand what people need. Moreover, you will never have to speak to a call centre. Above all, we treat all our customers with respect and a loyalty they deserve. Safe in the knowledge that their most valuable properties are with a highly trusted company. We manage anything from landlords building insurance, buy-to-let, commercial, blocks of flats, professional indemnity, contractors or risk policy, tenants’ contents insurance, right to manage, unoccupied properties and many more so do not hesitate to call us on 01273 827090.

What does Landlord insurance cover?

A standard landlord insurance policy can cover several situations, including the following if selected.

Building insurance

Damage to the building cause by fire, lightening, explosion, falling aircraft, earthquake, and riots. These can also include party fire and theft, repairing or replacing especially when involved in an accident. There sometimes can be a claims bonus and it may be something you could pay for monthly.

Contents insurance

Damage to or loss of, your possessions including white goods, carpets, fixtures, and fittings. This all depends on what sort of level of cover you take and then it will be the insurance premium. Sometimes the more the premium the more it covers the cost.

Property owner’s liability

Protects you if you are deemed liable for damage or injuries suffered by third parties at the property.

Alternative accommodation

Covers your cost if your tenants are forced to move out at a time during the damage to a property.

Accidental damage

Protects your buildings and belongings if your tenants damage your property unintentionally.

Malicious damage

Covers the cost of repair if your tenants intentionally damage your property – not always as standard. Normally an add on.

Employee’s liability

Protects you if you employ people in your property who then become injured due to a negligence.

Unoccupied property cover

Protects the property whilst it is unoccupied ie you are waiting for new tenants to move in.

How can you reduce the cost of landlord insurance?

The cost of landlord insurance sometimes depends on several factors, some of which will not be under your control. These are such as the tenant’s employment status and location of the property. However, thinking about the following can help you find cheaper landlord insurance quotes.

Property conditions

A property in good repair is less likely to need a claim and could mean lower premiums.

Security measures

Increased security measures also reduce the chance you would have to claim.

Level of cover

Taking out additional levels of cover will increase the overall price of the policy.

Your claims history

If you have made a high number of claims over the years you are likely to pay more.

Do I need contents insurance as a landlord?

You might need contents insurance as a landlord if you are supplying furniture, fixtures, and fittings for your tenants. For example, a landlords contents policy can help with free standing sofas and beds, floor coverings and electrical appliances. You can generally expect the following to be covered as either standard or as an add on and you should check.

Firstly, furniture such as sofas and cabinets.

Secondly, kitchen appliances like ovens or sinks.

Thirdly, curtains and carpets.

Paintings and pictures.

Light fittings.

Out buildings such as sheds or houses.

Gardens and garden contents.

Finally, communal areas – if you are letting your property out to multiple tenants.

You might also be able to claim for alternative accommodation for your tenants if any damage to your contents renders the property uninhabitable.

Can I get quotes insurance for multiple properties?

We offer the option of adding multiple properties to your policy. You may even be able to get a discount on your premiums as a result. However, you may find that you need to separate properties for each policy. It is always better to compare your options before committing to any individual insurance company.

Is landlord insurance a legal requirement?

Landlord insurance is not a legal requirement. However, you are putting yourself at considerable risk by not buying it if you rent your properties. You cannot use standard home insurance for a rental property. Any claims you make for a rental property on a regular insurance will be denied.

Quick, quality buy to let cover for landlords.

Buy to let landlords have serious responsibilities, and you need to have flexible insurance that protects you, your tenants, and your property. With iInsure 365 you can get just that. Your building insurance policy will have a range of key covers. You will get a single premium, a single renewal date and a single set of documents, all helping you to self-guard your investment.

Building insurance for landlords.

Whether you are commercial or a buy to let investor your property is the most important asset. But the asset faces a range of risks every day. Fire, flood, and countless other potential disasters mean that your property needs protection. We have various providers that can do this just for you. Safeguard your investment today and get on with enjoying the benefits.

Did you know that iInsure now do Home insurance?

The home insurance cover is as follows

  • Buildings cover to a maximum of £1,000,000
  • Alternative accommodation to 20% of the maximum claim limit for buildings
  • Replacement locks and keys £750
  • Removal of squatters £10,000
  • Trace and access £5,000
  • Property owners liability £2,000,000
  • Tree, shrubs, plants and lawns £1,500

Optional Cover Extensions

  • Accidental damage cover – Up to the buildings or contents maximum claim limit
  • Home emergency cover £1,000 per claim
  • Personal legal protection up to £50,000
  • Optional personal belongings cover
  • Maximum unspecified sum insured £20,000
  • Single limit item non cycled £2,500
  • Single limit item cycled £500
  • Personal money £750
  • Credit cards £500
  • Total maximum specified personal belongings £20,000
  • Single specified limit (non cycles) £10,000
  • Maximum combined unspecified and specified £20,000
  • Single specified limit (cycles £3,000)
  • Maximum all specified cycles £5,000
  • Maximum numbers of cycles £5,000

Contents as well as follows

  • Contents cover maximum claiming at £100
  • Theft of contents from an out building or garage £3,000
  • Loss of metered oil or water up to the maximum claim limit for contents
  • Owners and personal liability £2,000,000
  • Employers liability £10,000,000
  • Tenants liability 20% of the maximum claim for contents
  • Contents temporary removed up to the maximum claim limit for contents
  • Rent and alternative accommodation 20% of the maximum claim limit for contents
  • Wedding/birthday and religious increase £3,000
  • Missing persons belongings £1,000
Standard policy excess amounts 
  • Standard policy excess £100
  • Escape of water £250
  • Subsidence, heave or land slip £1,000

Compare building insurance quotes.

iInsure can compare multiple business insurance quotes from a range of leading insurers and get the policy that you require.

In addition, we also have an extensive news library. Please click here to browse through our latest news article. Click here to have an instant quote.

Do you have a block flats that you require insurance?

Block of flats insurance or block insurance is normally done by landlords or lessee’s own their own freehold. Flat management companies or Right to manage companies may also include this. Flats are designed and built-in various shapes and sizes. They need different insurance. We can deal with building insurance quotes for flats or apartments. This is often known as “block insurance”. Blocks of flats and building insurance can be difficult to do. We can make it extremely easy for you. Why not contact us to discuss it.

We understand that you may not know how to deal with building insurance. You might be a director of residential management company. You might have a Right to manage company. Maybe just a lessee holder. We can help you. You may be a resident who is trying to reduce their premium. We can organise the building insurance for your blocks of flats and hopefully reduce your premium.

You will need specialist insurance.

Regular building insurance policies will not provide you with the level of cover needed to ensure complete protection. Blocks of flats insurance is designed for a range of property types. This includes houses converted into flats. It also includes large purpose-built blocks. We can arrange a policy for you that covers your property. Iinsure 365 is a specialist broker of blocks of flats insurance. We are well known for providing cover for a whole range of purpose-built blocks. We also deal with insurance for converted properties. Normally, we can arrange cover on an all-risk basis. Cover can include fire, storm, flood, subsidence, and escape of water. Including accidental and malicious damage within the cost itself.

We offer comprehensive block insurance at competitive premiums. Working with a huge amount of household named insurers. We are specialist insurers to provide a wide range of insurance products.

We understand more than most that this can be a daunting task.

It is best for you to call us and we will go through exactly what you need. We may ask for a copy of your existing policy. This is to ensure that we give you a policy which covers your existing needs. Not all two policies are the same. Obtaining a like for like cover is impossible to do but we will ensure that you are comprehensively covered. There are many different types of properties from single residents to large investments blocks such as blocks of flats and commercial. There are also industrial and multi-location schedules. We can provide you with all of this.

Many lessee holders do not understand the law when it comes to dealing with building insurance. Managing agents have an added interest as they often receive commission from their insurance broker. This is not always the best cover and, on many occasions, not the best price. They will try their hardest to ensure that you are unable to find better cover at a cheaper price because they make money out of it. They may not even have to pay a proposition over to the freeholder. We will go into the market and find the best possible price and cover for you. Therefore, we are happy to disclose our commission at any point and any money received for your building insurance.

Did you know that the law allows you to ask your managing agent for full details of commission they receive for the insurance?

They often come up with excuses such as “the commission is there to pay for claims”, “this is part of our management fees”. However, this is often not the case. If there have been no claims, how can they charge a commission? You are entitled to know exactly the amount they receive and question it. You can go back up to 6 years and question the insurance if you believe you have been over charged a substantial amount. This can be a complicated process via the lessee hold valuation tribunal and you would need to employ a solicitor. Therefore, why not contact us for a quote and we can help you in this regard.

Letting Services

Download Brochure

google-review Review
Cat Westmacott
Cat Westmacott
17:57 10 Jun 24
Generally helpful for Lettings. As with any company, sometimes need a push for a response, but often easier to speak on the phone than email. Feeling hopeful for the next year’s contract with Harringtons🤞.
Kirsty Turner
Kirsty Turner
20:50 04 Jun 24
Great experience. Everyone is so lovely and helpful over the phone at Harringtons! The best experience we have had with a letting agent in Brighton, none of the other agents in Brighton have been bothered to keep in touch and help us find a property as much as these guys. A special shoutout to the lovely lady who showed me around the flat (Georgie I believe -sorry if I got that wrong), great at answering all my questions and been very lucky in securing the first property we viewed with her (an amazing spacious flat that has everything we need - including nice storage space for our paddleboards!) Looking forward to moving into our seaside home. Thank you!
Shadan B
Shadan B
23:31 30 May 24
Great experience, very helpful staff and friendly. I wish you all the success. Thanks for your care. 💐😊
Rachel Roberts
Rachel Roberts
21:13 30 May 24
Best experience I've had with a letting agent!
Charley Besant
Charley Besant
10:25 30 May 24
So far the process with Harringtons has been amazing. We viewed 3 properties with Georgie and each time she was so informative and kind, she gave us the time we needed in each property to look around, take videos and ask questions about everything. The whole process has been easy so far and I can now happily say we found our property thanks to Georgie and the team at Harringtons.
Ainhoa Negro
Ainhoa Negro
09:15 30 May 24
Georgie at Harringtons Lettings in Brighton has been exceptional throughout my rental process. From the very beginning, her professionalism and friendliness stood out. She provided clear and prompt communication, ensuring all my questions were answered thoroughly. Georgie made the entire experience seamless, from viewing properties to finalizing the paperwork. Her attention to detail and genuine care for my needs made me feel confident and supported. I highly recommend Georgie and Harringtons Lettings to anyone looking for a top-notch rental experience in Brighton.
09:11 30 May 24
Joel Starcross
Joel Starcross
15:22 29 May 24
Beth has been an excellent agent, great communicator and enthusiastic member of the team. Highly recommended!
Jess Pond
Jess Pond
13:16 29 May 24
Had an absolutely awful experience with this company. Told me one thing on the phone and then told me another thing on email. Very mixed messages. Left 7 students homeless by putting the house back on the market with only 24 hour notice. Will never use them again. AVOID!
Roisin Lilley
Roisin Lilley
11:42 24 May 24
I recently had some problems with my previous agent and came to Beth for help! She took over the correspondence for me and sorted everything out for me! I can’t thank her enough for her patience and help!! I’d highly recommend her to other landlords that need help!
Chris Lilley
Chris Lilley
11:26 24 May 24
I’ve been a tenant with Harringtons Lettings for a while, they are great, they always sort out any issues I have quickly and efficiently, Beth in particular is really helpful and I’ll be going to her for my next rental property when I look to move in September!
Georgina Palzeaird
Georgina Palzeaird
11:21 24 May 24
Beth Roberts was a huge help when I needed to switch to a new letting agency. She was friendly and efficient and I’ve always felt I’m in safe hands.
Eliya Halim
Eliya Halim
10:26 24 May 24
Top service
Maryana Atiya
Maryana Atiya
10:20 24 May 24
Rees Harper
Rees Harper
17:53 21 May 24
Lauryn Keller
Lauryn Keller
15:20 03 May 24
Georgie was great on our viewing - super lovely, informative and honest. Thank you!
Sammi Richmond
Sammi Richmond
09:16 24 Apr 24
Well, they just contacted me via email asking for a review for money... so here, I guess.Does 3 stars get me that tenner? Probably not. Nothing terrible to say, but never had any issues with the property really. Don't enjoy that they were willing to pay for reviews though, seems sketchy.UPDATE: As the business has finally replied to my review 6 years later, I thought I would mention that I indeed have the email still as proof. Offer of £10 for a review, and to mention Rachel Erridge in the review. Also a prize of £200 to one lucky winner. The email was sent from the Harrington's admin email address. I can email the proof to whoever requests it.
Jayden Charles-Frempong
Jayden Charles-Frempong
01:20 18 Apr 24
Every interaction I've had so far with Harrington has been positive with workers responding to calls very quickly and addressing any queries efficiently.
severin severinov
severin severinov
10:05 11 Apr 24
It is very good that they do their job professionally and take care of the customers.
kate quick
kate quick
13:15 09 Apr 24
I am very happy and extremely grateful to have found Harringtons lettings and the beautiful flat that I am now living in. Not only is the flat perfect for me, ticks all the boxes and is in a great location; the whole communication/admin process was so fast and efficient. I spoke to many of the team, but the two main contacts initially were Georgie and Beth. Great personalities, friendly and fast at replying to emails and phone calls. It was all turned around very quickly and everyone at Harringtons seems to appear to really be happy in their jobs. Great letting agent and I would recommend them to others looking for a new home.
Michael Hollamby
Michael Hollamby
12:32 09 Apr 24
Having worked with many many lettings it has been refreshing to deal with such a dynamic and energetic team. From start to finish the team have outstanding. Special mention to Beth who has been fantastic. I can thoroughly recommend using Harringtons.
Celyn James
Celyn James
17:08 27 Mar 24
Great experience, Georgie was so knowledgeable and kind with any enquiries I had. Really put me at ease while house hunting, amazing service thank you so much!!
Madison Harris
Madison Harris
14:29 27 Mar 24
Georgie was so helpful and really kind very appreciative x
Amber-Rose Cook
Amber-Rose Cook
08:58 22 Mar 24
easy to use and navigate as a first time user
Buffy Vaughn
Buffy Vaughn
18:06 21 Mar 24
Harringtons have been so helpful so far. Everyone we’ve spoken to on the phone including Georgie have been so warm and receptive and easy to communicate with. As a couple renting together for first time me & Danny couldn’t have found better people to help us out, they’re clear and concise. We discovered them through Rightmove and would highly recommend anyone to use their services to rent with.Thanks guys!Buffy & Danny
Sajan Raja
Sajan Raja
01:48 21 Mar 24
Kerryn Johnson
Kerryn Johnson
16:58 18 Mar 24
Georgie was absolutely amazing! Very helpful, easy to talk to and all in all an absolute sweetheart. Made the process of renting and finding a property less stressful. Always happy to help and lovely to chat to!Thank you again for everything!
Julia Reinstein
Julia Reinstein
11:22 18 Mar 24
5/5 - Everyone I’ve spoken to on the phone has been so friendly and patient with our move in documents. We found Harringtons through Rightmove, and have been really happy with our interactions. The team respond to queries efficiently and are happy to answer any and all questions.
Andrew Brown
Andrew Brown
07:09 15 Mar 24
A really excellent agency, who are very easy and friendly to deal with. Highly recommended.
Rob Rainbird
Rob Rainbird
18:04 13 Mar 24
Lovely staff and all round positive experience - Georgie is an absolute diamond and a credit to the team!
Tori Tor
Tori Tor
11:15 08 Mar 24
Harringtons have been really helpful and very swift with their responses. Georgie was very proffesional and really friendly when she did the viewings with me and Beth on the phone was again really helpful and gave me hope when I was explaining my eagerness to find somewhere new to live. Thanks Harringtons!
christos papanicolaou
christos papanicolaou
09:33 07 Mar 24
Staff were brilliant. Very helpful
Yasmin Bright
Yasmin Bright
20:54 01 Mar 24
I'm in a difficult situation at the moment with my landlord wanting to sell the flat that myself and my 3 children have been living in for 7 years. I came across Harringtons Viewings by applying to view some properties outside of my area.Unfortunately I haven't been able to sort anything with Harringtons, however I wanted to write this to say that they have been nothing but kind, warm and very understanding of my situation. I've been really impressed by their customer service (namely Georgie & Beth) and hope that they are able to find me something eventually!Thanks so much.Yasmin
17:30 22 Feb 24
Have been very accommodating and helpful when calling agents. They have been very helpful in being able to secure a house for students.
16:42 21 Feb 24
Went above and beyond to get things sorted for me
Brittany Stace
Brittany Stace
11:18 24 Jan 24
Harringtons have been incredibly helpful and supportive of us as new renters and they have been super efficient in getting all of the documents sent through and signed in such a short period of time. Thank you!
Georgie Prebble
Georgie Prebble
20:36 05 Jan 24
Jade Innes
Jade Innes
10:24 04 Jan 24
So far the service has been good. The staff are very friendly and quick to respond to any questions and requests.
Polly Smith
Polly Smith
11:17 28 Dec 23
we chose this letting agents as they chose a good bills company that is much cheaper than other agents. When viewing houses the staff were very friendly and have been very helpful in answering our questions and making the process as easy as possible.
Emma Howe
Emma Howe
16:06 14 Nov 23
I would rate Harringtons Lettings a 5/5. Very lovely on the phone and very quick and easy to communicate with via email. Any problems have been resolved in no time at all. So far so good!I found Harringtons via Rightmove.
Akwisitions Feedback
Akwisitions Feedback
16:25 30 Oct 23
Very responsive and super helpful throughout the process. Highly recommended!
Chloe Ballard
Chloe Ballard
17:28 02 Oct 23
Although I have only been renting with Harringtons for a short period of time, I have had nothing but a positive experience. From viewing to admin updates. The admin team especially are very polite and quick to respond and I have no doubt that the rest of my tenancy will run smoothly. I would recommend to anyone considering renting in brighton.
Matthew Ball
Matthew Ball
11:46 19 Sep 23
Professional communication with tenant although entirely impersonal. There was a bigger disconnect in their communication with the landlord in most cases, which seemed to be either slow or non-existent (discovered after contacting the landlord directly).Property was full of spider webs on day 1 despite apparently being professionally cleaned. Took a day off of work to clean it on move out day, leaving it cleaner than when it received but still had to pay part of the deposit for professional cleaning.It has been a while since I have rented, but I'll avoid letting agencies completely now if this is anything close to the average renting experience.
Ronan SK
Ronan SK
12:38 12 Sep 23
Great professionalism/communciation from the start up until the end of my tenancy. Definitely set the standards for what agencies should be like. Highly recommend to those within Brighton.
Daniel Sutton
Daniel Sutton
10:29 24 Aug 23
I have rented with Harringtons Lettings before and have always found the agents to be quick, efficient, friendly and helpful. I loved their service so much I have chosen to rent with Harringtons again. Faultless 😊
See All Reviews
Get in Touch

Send a message to a member of our team and we'll be happy to answer your questions!

Send a Message

Register for Property Alerts

Let us know what you're looking for and we'll email you with matching properties when they become available.

Make an Enquiry

Please complete the form below and a member of our team will be in touch shortly.